Have you ever had anyone in your life who just has something great going for them?
The insanely talented ones (she sings like Ariana Grande),
the pretty ones (she's got Victoria Secret Angel hair)
The incredibly smart ones (she's got Nobel Prize winning potential)
The charismatic ones (she's got a tv personality)
The girl-bosses (she was chosen for that job you so badly wanted)
The ones that always seem to get lots of extra attention (cue her Instagram followers, comments and likes)
Not to mention the ones that are the proud owners of expensive and amazing things (her wardrobe is like that of a Kardashians)
... AND while you want to be happy for them... instead you just find yourself ... JEALOUS.
Well, firstly... welcome to the club! Unfortunately, the feeling of jealousy is a guaranteed part of our fallen-nature as a human-race... and it's an awful feeling - I don't think I've ever met anyone who enjoys being jealous. Jealousy is an enemy of kindness and a thief of joy... And whenever I have been jealous of others... It has disturbed my spirit - like a bad taste in my mouth... and I want it to just go away... And quick....
A couple of things about jealousy...
1. Jealousy serves no good purpose... It only produces bitterness, encourages comparison, causes you to live small and ultimately, it's a thief intended to rip you off.
2. Jealousy doesn't change the facts. The hard truth is this - you will always have someone in your life who is more talented, more beautiful, more wealthy, more intelligent etc... And just because you feel a certain way about that doesn't change the reality. Ouch!
3. Jealousy ultimately hurts YOU. It is designed to poison your heart, mind & soul. Sadly, when you allow the poison in... it has the potential to destroy you and cause you to act in a way that can also be hurtful towards others.
4. Jealousy is under our authority (this is the good news). It is simply a feeling and I am a firm believer that we have rule and reign over the feeling of jealousy... our response is our choice.
You will always have an opportunity to be jealous...Therefore, let's get savvy on how to deal with it.
But... How? Here's a couple of suggestions ...
1. Don't let it fester. Your initial feeling of jealousy is forgivable because let's face it... FAVOUR AINT FAIR! And sometimes, it's simply NOT FAIR that she got the opportunity you worked for, or she was born with the good skin and skinny legs and is still able to consume copious amounts of chocolate every day. As I said ... It's only natural that you would feel jealous of things that simply aren't fair... BUT when you let jealousy sink in, it will most certainly begin to corrupt the goodness within you. So make sure you get rid of it as quickly as it rears its head.
2. Change your perspective away from what you DON'T have and look at what you DO HAVE. You're never going to move forward in life by wanting what someone else has. So instead, focus on what sets you apart... You are wonderfully unique with so much to offer the world. You were created with special gifts and talents that have a specific purpose. So replace jealousy with gratitude for what you DO have... Look at all the wonderful things in your life and within yourself and then be motivated to be the best that you can possible be. Believe me when I say... you've got a GOOD thing going on... So make the best of what you've got.
3. Celebrate the girls around you. If you're experiencing jealousy - rest assured... So is the next girl... so what if you HELPED her! What if we proactively helped other girls win by bringing out the best in them. Imagine if you were intentional about encouraging her? What if you played a practical part in seeing her dreams come true? What if you made it your mission to congratulate her wins? It will be so gratifying for your soul and my feeling is that it wont return void.
So - Jealousy is a predator 🦂🐍🐉 in the garden🌻🌸🌹❤️. It spoils the good fruit 🍏🍇🍉🍐 ✌🏼️and won't cause you to flourish 🌱🌱☘☀️🍀🍃🌧🌿🌷. X